Risa was recently interviewed in the NY Post as part of an article they did on the Big Apple College Fair. Risa shared her insight and advice on how students and parents can survive the college admissions process. Read the whole article here.
Here is a great review of Don't Stalk the Admissions Officer which appeared on the USA Today College blog. The blogger says that this book will "make other college prep books jealous of their smarter, cooler sister." You can read the full review here.
Best selling author Jason Pinter highlighted Don't Stalk the Admissions Officer recently on the Huffington Post blog. Featured as part of his "Books Uncovered" column, Pinter wrote "this is my attempt to shine some light on some books that I believe deserve a bit more recognition, have an intriguing author or backstory, or are just plain interesting. Hopefully at least one, if not all, will pique your attention and find a comfy place on your TBR pile..." Read the entire post here.
ACTUAL GUIDANCE COUNSELOR QUOTES
- What’s your name again?
- No offense, but your dreams are kinda stupid
- Have you considered any schools in Iceland?
- Stop babbling about college already
- I can really see you at any of these 150 schools
- I came up with this list of safeties, reaches, and middle schools while I was crocheting a scarf for my cat
- Please God, how many more days until summer……sorry, what was your name again?